Prevent, recognize, and respond to aquatic emergencies.
In addition to in-water skills, this American Red Cross Lifeguarding course will teach participants how to provide care for injuries, sudden illness, and breathing and cardiac emergencies until emergency medical services take over. With certification, participants will be able to work as a professional lifeguard at the JCC and other swimming facilities.
- I.D. required upon first day of class.
- Completion of 7-10 hours on-line course work prior to first day of class
- Pre-requisites: 300 yard swim, two minute tread water, deep water dive
- Must be able to attend all three days
- Items to bring: Certificate of online course, water bottle, towel, change of clothes, food.
Summer Session III - Day 1
Summer Session III - Day 2