Outdoor Pool Winter Safety Protocol and Procedures
The JCC Denver will make every effort to keep the outdoor pool open year‐round. However, there will be times when the outdoor pool will be closed without advanced notice for safety reasons.
- If the forecast for the day is not expected to reach a high of 29 degrees F at any point, the outdoor pool will be closed the entire day.
- Check weather.com and enter zip code 80246 for the air temperature at the JCC.
- In the event of measurable snow, the outdoor pool will not open until the staff can shovel the deck.
- If we cannot keep ice and/or snow off the deck, the pool will close, regardless of the air temperature.
- Conditions that prevent the staff from clearly viewing swimmers in the water, such as fog/steam above the water line, snow, sleet, or freezing rain, will cause the pool to close.
- The outdoor pool will be closed when the Aquatics Manager, Assistant General Manager, or the General Manager determines that unsafe conditions exist and may affect staff and/or members.
- We will do our best to update pool closures on our pool weather hotline, 303.355.4900, our website, and the JCC’s Facebook page.