Professional adult actors performing for our favorite creative bunch–kids! Come one, come all to the most delightful event in town: Denver Children’s Theatre.
Since 1997, the Denver Children’s Theatre (DCT) has been wowing audiences with their delightful productions. Now in its 21st season, the Denver Children’s Theatre is touted as one of the best in the area, performing for both school groups during the week, as well as on Sundays so the whole family can enjoy!
We are pleased to offer a professional theatre environment filled with state-of-the-art equipment, sets, costumes, and stage combat; therefore, we love to encourage a polite and enthusiastic audience who’s ready for all DCT has to offer.
As a part of our magnificent field trip experiences, we are pleased to offer our Encore! Program to schools who choose to book with us. After the curtain closes, we feel most of our young audience goers are filled with curiosity about how exactly our DCT shows are produced–and this is where Encore! steps in. Encore! allows students to meet the actors, engage in discussion, take a backstage tour, and more in order to fully round-out the child’s theatre-going experience. It’s all part of the magic that is DCT.
So what are you waiting for? Buy your tickets or book a field trip today!
Role of the Audience
Theatre is different than TV, the circus or sporting events!
The performers are live, and the performance is a unique ‘one-time’ only event that can never be exactly duplicated. Unlike entertainment on film, television, or the computer, the energy of the audience can either enhance or detract from the quality of the performance. Actors give their best performances for the best audiences because they are fueled by the active connection between good listeners and storytellers.
- We encourage laughing and clapping at appropriate places in the show.
- We remind our audience to turn off all digital devices. Please refrain from text messaging during the show.
- As a courtesy to other theatergoers, we ask that teachers or guardians escort children who are crying, talking excessively, or otherwise behaving inappropriately into the lobby until they are ready to return to the theatre.
- No food or drink is allowed in theatre.
- The taking of any photographs (flash or non-flash) and the use of recording equipment are strictly prohibited.
Sorry, there are no upcoming dates for this event.