Parent/Tot Tumbling Teacher
Part Time, Non-Exempt
Director of Family Programs/Assistant Director of Family Programs
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead weekly classes for parents and their young children, ages 0-5
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Gymnastics/tumbling training and experience
- Knowledge of childhood development
- Basic gymnastic skills and safety technique
- Great interpersonal skills and enthusiasm for teaching
- Experience creating lesson plans
- Effective, clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and decision making skills
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned
- Knowledge of, and respect for, the mission of the Robert E. Loup Jewish Community Center
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Robert E. Loup Jewish Community Center, including its Employee Handbook, and ability to abide by them
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred
- Strong voice
- Repertoire of fun songs
Physical Demands and Working Environment
The position requires the incumbent to remain in the sitting position for prolonged hours. While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifteen (15) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Working conditions may include being in an open (shared) cubicle/workspace area.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility which will ever be required of an employee in this position, however, the employee will be held responsible for all duties assigned.
Please include your resume and/or letter of interest, outlining your education and experience in order to be considered for this position. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.