- Your swimmer must have prior swim team experience and have attended at least one swim meet previously
- Swimmers must know all 4 competitive strokes (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly)
- Your swimmer must be able to swim a 100 meter IM continuously without stopping
- For ages 10 and under, your swimmer must be able to swim a 200 meter Freestyle continuously without stopping
- For ages 11 and up, your swimmer must be able to swim a 400 meter Freestyle continuously without stopping
- It is expected that your swimmer has a basic understanding of flip turns, lane etiquette, proper starts, proper pull-outs, stroke rules and disqualifications as well as using the pace clock
- Has a strong interest or affinity for competitive swimming
All swimmers must attend at least 5 meets during this session, and at least three practices per week (special circumstances discussed with head coach excluded). Previous swim team experience is required. Swimmers must arrive on deck ready to swim with cap, goggles, water bottle, and training equipment at least 5 minutes before practice starts.
Practice times are as follows:
- Monday | Thursday| 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
If the temperature is above 40 degrees all practices will be held in the outdoor pool. However, it is ultimately up to the discretion of the coach on deck at the time of practice. All swimmers are required to be on deck with cap, goggles, and water bottle at least 5 minutes before practice starts.
All swimmers must wear a competitive swimsuit to practice, cap, goggles, and must bring their own swimming fins (preferably something similar to TYR flexfins) to each practice. Please contact the head coach directly if financial assistance is needed.
Swim Meets & Social Events
- FAST Winter Open, January 21-22
- TOPS CO Open, January 28-29
- Evergreen Superbowl, February 4-5
- Loveland Sweetheart, February 18-19
- TBD Qualifying Meets in February & March
- End of Season Potluck Brunch & Awards Ceremony, April 9
Annual Swimmers Registration Fee: $66
One (1) Family Member: $95
Two (2) Family Members: $180
USA Swimming meets charge $8 per swimmer/meet and $5 per event entry. *These prices are determined by each hosting meet, and are subject to change. Parents will be provided with detailed information regarding each meet their swimmer would like to attend.
For athletes on free/reduced lunch fees. Proof from school system is required or parents must send in their 2015 tax forms.
One (1) Family Member: $50
Two (2) Family Members: $90