The Jewish Community Center is a vibrant and inclusive family and social gathering place that provides educational, cultural and recreational programs to serve and strengthen the community, guided by timeless Jewish values.
The JCC takes a leadership role as the community and cultural center where all elements of the Jewish community come together in a comfortable environment to express and enhance their Jewish identity. The JCC promotes a public pride in Jewish heritage and in modern Jewish civilization. The JCC respects and responds to the diversity of religious, cultural and intellectual expression in contemporary Jewish life and fosters emphasis on study, love of ideas, sanctity of family, the cycles of Jewish times and seasons, commitment to social justice and respect for humanity. The JCC provides a setting in which Jews cultivate and strengthen their Jewish identity. The Center affirms its commitment to the State of Israel and to world Jewry.
In fulfilling its mission, the JCC:
- Fosters a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
- Assists people to develop skills, interests and talents to manage the stages of their lives.
- Makes its programs and services available to everyone, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, age, gender, orientation, ability or economic status.
- Strives to provide a barrier-free environment to our programs, including subsidies and scholarships to participants in need.
- Provides a comfortable setting for expression and cultivation of Jewish identity.
- Offers an open forum for consideration of issues facing the community.
- Assists unaffiliated and or interfaith people with opportunities to connect with Jewish life.
- Affirms its commitment to supporting Israel and Jewish continuity throughout the world.