Current Employment Opportunities
Reports to: Director of Marketing
The Online Marketing Manager is responsible for creating, overseeing and executing email, social media and web-based marketing initiatives to grow and engage the JCC’s online audience. The individual is responsible for publishing content to multiple social networks, monitoring and managing customer engagement, writing and developing email communications, managing the updating of the JCC, MACC and Ranch Camp websites and mobile applications, launching/tracking Facebook and Google ad campaigns and managing online brand reputation.
An integral member of the Marketing team, the Manager reports to the Director of Marketing. This new position requires a creative thinker who embraces new technologies and who is able to collaborate effectively across all departments to gather input, generate support and share strategies and outcomes. The ideal candidate has a talent for searching out stories and corporate messages and communicating them in an entertaining fashion that engages an online audience.
• Develop, manage and execute online marketing strategies and social media campaigns to increase brand awareness, generate inbound traffic and engagement, and ultimately, improve member retention and acquisition
• Maintain and grow the JCC’s presence in social networking sites, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Yelp, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, engaging in dialogue and answering questions where appropriate
• Manage the creation and distribution of all external email communications including event invitations, newsletters, and solicitations
• Work to position all JCC websites as informative and engaging websites by keeping it current and fresh. Responsible for managing updates and content
• Optimize visits to website through content, links, and online search engines.
• Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of online marketing programs. Develop, track and report on all metrics in an effort to maximize results
• Keep current on social media, email marketing trends and emerging digital technologies, bringing best practices from both the for-profit and non-profit world
• Build an active brand ambassador network by engaging staff and volunteers to spread the word about the JCC
• Other duties as required by business needs
Supervisory Responsibilities, if applicable: None
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
Education: BA/BS degree or equivalent knowledge or experience
• 3-5 years working experience in email marketing, social media, direct marketing, database marketing, advertising, or market research.
• Familiar with web site content management systems, email marketing, social media platforms and online media and advertising
• Demonstrated strong track record leading and managing digital marketing efforts
Skills and Knowledge:
• Creative thinker
• Ability to work effectively across multiple departments and decision-makers and with third party vendors
• Detail-oriented with strong organization and project management skills
• Excellent written communication skills (copywriting, editing, and online writing)
• Strong-to-expert knowledge of social media platforms, especially Facebook and Twitter
• Good eye for design
• Ability to articulate concepts and strategies effectively and persuasively
• Working knowledge of SEO and PPC marketing
• Knowledge of Constant Contact and Raiser’s Edge a plus
• Team player
• Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize work and meet multiple deadlines
• Familiarity with the Denver Jewish community a plus
Working Conditions and Physical/Mental Demands Specific to this Position:
Normal office conditions
Occasional need to attend events in the evenings or on weekends
Position Summary: Under general supervision and guidance, performs a variety of detailed accounting duties in accordance with standard accounting procedures. Checks and verifies entry data for completeness and accuracy; codes regular entries for distribution to accounts. Audits disbursement vouchers, debit and credit memos, etc. Checks, posts and reconciles special account records. Work is subject to audit and verification. General Administrative duties, as necessary.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Strong high volume full cycle AP background with sales and use tax experience.
• Responsible for all aspects of Accounts Payable: Invoices, Adjustments and Checks. Must coordinate and reconcile the different systems and balances.
• Interface with internal and external customers to resolve problems, in a timely manner
• Responsible for Vendor telephone and email inquiries. Respond to all communication within 24 hours
• Reconcile Vendor statements to internal records, monthly
• Balance and pay Employee Benefits, including Health, Dental, Life, Disability, Vision and 401K
• Maintain & Reconcile Petty Cash, bi-weekly
• Annual 1099’s
• Monthly Sales Tax Report
• Assist with Annual Audit
• Assist with Camp Registrations
• Assist with member payments
• General Administrative support for Business Office
• Positively and actively promote the JCC’s mission, membership, programs, events and charitable purpose to JCC members and the general public.
• Other duties as deemed necessary
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Minimum of three years experience in AP
• Minimum of one year experience in General Accounting
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel experience; accurately prepares automated spreadsheets.
• Experience with computerized financial systems and membership databases required; prior experience with Financial Edge and/or not-for-profit’s is a plus
• Payroll Experience a plus
• Customer service background helpful
• Accuracy and attention to detail required
• Experience in efficient, accurate and timely month-end closing
• Ability to complete multiple tasks within critical deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to maintain highest degree of confidentiality.
• Excellent organizational, problem solving and decision making skills.
Educational Degree(s), Professional Degree(s), or Certificate(s) Required:
• High School Degree
Department: Camp and Youth Programs
Reports to: Camp Shai and Youth Programs Director
• Assist with aspects of day camp programming as assigned. May include:
a. Answering parent phone calls
b. Working on camp schedule and programming (theme days, field trips, special events.)
c. Attending camp recruitment events such as camp fairs and meet and greets
d. Handle overflow registration processing when needed
e. Other duties as assigned
f. Camp Shai administrative position over the summer.
i. Direct and supervise counselors in assigned group.
ii. Assist the Director with all activities, group issues and staff performance
iii. Responsible for knowing each camper’s special needs (physical, emotional, family and psychological issues, medications, allergies, dynamics between campers, etc.)
iv. Act as mentor to Counselors and Counselors-in-Training; sets a positive & proactive example.
v. Maintains incident reports (minor injury reports and action taken).
vi. Meet with the Director at the beginning and end of each day to exchange information regarding the events of that particular day.
vii. Maintains an open line of communication with their counselors and campers.
viii. Completes session-based counselor evaluations.
• Planning, recruiting, registering and staffing Vacation Camps (anywhere from 2-10 days a month of vacation camps)
a. Choosing and booking field trips.
b. Creating supply lists and shopping for supplies
c. Recruitment for Vacation Camps- parent phone calls, e-blasts, school visits.
d. Registering for Vacation Camps- taking parent phone calls, collecting family information, sending and receiving forms, and collecting payments.
e. Staffing and running program- setting up for event, supervising other staff, running program, parent communication, clean up.
f. Early and late care supervision
g. Possibility of driving a 13 passenger mini-bus on field trips.
• Planning, recruiting, registering and staffing Saturday Nights Out (SNO) programs (one a month from October through May):
a. Choosing a theme and developing corresponding activities.
b. Choosing and booking field trips where applicable.
c. Creating supply lists and shopping for supplies
d. Recruitment for SNO programs- parent phone calls, e-blasts, school visits.
e. Registering the SNO programs- taking parent phone calls, collecting family information, sending and receiving forms, and collecting payments.
f. Staffing and running program- setting up for event, cooking dinner, supervising other staff, running program, parent communication, clean up.
This is a 20 hr week position from September through May that requires flexibility; it will not be set hours each day. June-August this will be a 40 hr a week position.
You will need to be available at least one Saturday night a month plus full days when vacation camps are being held. A schedule of all Saturday Night Outs and Vacation Camps can be provided upon request. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and automotive insurance.
The agency expectation is that deadlines will be met and tasks will be completed as needed in a professional manner, with attention paid to quantitative and qualitative details. The successful candidate will possess a working knowledge of Judaism, Jewish community psychographics and Jewish traditions and programs.
The successful candidate will have at minimum a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent experience, with a history of formal or informal Jewish and Israeli cultural learning, and background in Jewish day or residential camping
A strong candidate will possess a minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience in working with youth ages 5-14, event and program planning, program implementation and staff supervision.
The ideal candidate will engage easily and naturally with youth and tweens. S/he will communicate effectively and collaborate well with others. S/he should enjoy the challenge of channeling the energies and interests of youth and tweens in a positive, constructive, goal-oriented way. S/he should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. S/he must have the ability to conceptualize programs with a goal-oriented approach. S/he should possess computer skills (including use of Microsoft Office suite) and the ability to multi-task.
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Robert E. Loup Jewish Community Center (JCC) in Denver, CO is searching for an energetic full-time Director of its Early Childhood Center (ECC) to work in collaboration with a team of early childhood professionals and lay leaders. Serving the Denver Jewish community for over 75 years, the ECC is guided by its Jewish values and traditions. A comprehensive early learning center, supporting the whole family, the ECC is open from 7am – 6pm for children ages 12 weeks to five years. Candidates will preferably have a Master’s degree in early childhood education, social work, child development or related field, at least 3 years of leadership and supervisory experience in an early childhood center, a minimum of 5 years of teaching experience in an early childhood center and ideally possess qualifications to become director-certified.
This position is ideal for a qualified candidate who possesses:
- An early childhood background that is grounded in developmentally appropriate practice and constructivist teaching and learning, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in early childhood education administration
- A demonstrated track record of collaborating with other educators, coordinating, coaching, mentoring and supervising educators
- Positive experiences in establishing warm, welcoming and meaningful interactions and problem-solving skills with parents and teachers
- The ability to support teachers’ understanding of and learning about seamlessly integrating Jewish traditions and values within an educational context
- Successful experiences in leading the day to day operations of a large school including supervision of teachers
- Ability to multi-task the pedagogical, relational and administrative responsibilities of program direction and coordination
- Experience individualizing programs for young children with delays and disabilities
A compliment of benefits including: health insurance, 401K, vacation, sick and holiday pay, discounts on JCC classes and programs, a JCC Sports and Fitness membership and flex benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. Only qualified candidates should apply via email; no phone calls, please. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Early Childhood Center of the Robert E. Loup Jewish Community Center (Denver JCC) has
been serving young children and families in the Denver area for 78 years. We are currently seeking professional teachers dedicated to a career in Early Childhood Education to join our team for the 2013‐14 school year. Our curriculum is infused with Jewish ideas and traditions,
such as kindness and respect.
FT Teachers, Infant Supervisor, PT and FT Float positions, and on‐call
Ideal candidates will possess:
- a degree in Early Childhood Education , Elementary Education, or Child Development, or current coursework in Early Childhood Education;
- experience with or knowledge about using an emergent curriculum;
- Excellent references;
- A love and devotion for working with young children and their families;
- A commitment to ongoing learning to improve teaching practices.
- Membership to our beautiful on‐site Sports and Fitness Center
- Health Insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Discounts on all JCC programs (including children’s summer camps, on‐site Theatre, and classes)
- Generous vacation and Sick Time
Stanley British Primary School Teacher Preparation Program at Robert E. Loup
Jewish Community Center’s Early Childhood Center
The JCC’s Early Childhood Center, in conjunction with Stanley British Primary School, is seeking intern candidates to participate in our teacher preparation program in the field of Early Childhood Education. Interns gain an understanding of experience-based, developmentally appropriate early education. Steadily increasing responsibilities as their skills and confidence grow, Intern teachers work with small groups of children and collaborate with mentor teachers in the teaching of an entire class. With on-going feedback and support from their mentor teachers and educational advisors, Interns participate in all aspects of the teaching process. They learn to facilitate learning of children with a wide range of abilities and share in a community of the classroom and the school. Interested applicants should contact email@example.com
We are seeking a highly qualified coach to lead our Sea Stars Swim Team. The Sea Stars swim in the CARA league. The league’s philosophy is to have a program with a strong recreational format for the non-ranked, non-sanctioned participants. While competition has its place, the emphasis on the program is the development of skills and sportsmanship while stressing participation for all swimmers.
The Swim Team Coach are responsible for managing and directing the Sea Stars Swim Team program. The coaches oversee all practices, swim meets and related activities and provide swim team members with individual instruction tailored to the needs and skill ability of each individual.
- Responsible for the Sea Stars Swim Team at the Robert E Loup Jewish Community Center.
- Provide direction and leadership to the Assistant Coach.
- Develop team goals and strategies for a successful swim seasons.
- Work with Assistant Coach to assist swimmers in developing personal swim goals. Goals should include dropping times.
- Plan and run every workout for the Sea Stars to help reach team and individual goals. Assign responsibilities to Assistant Coach for running practices.
- Assist other coaches in creating the workout for the Jr. Sea Stars.
- Attend all practices. In case of a conflict with practice, work with Aquatics Coordinator to staff practice.
- Attend CPRA swim team meetings.
- Meet with Aquatics Coordinator as needed.
- Work with Assistant Coach to develop swim meet line-ups. Responsible for the administrative tasks related to meet line-ups. Create line-ups for meets that give swimmers opportunities to swim various events throughout the season and line-up with team and individual goals.
- Maintain swim meet records (times, etc.)
- Attend all swim meets.
- Attend all swim team events outlined on swim team calendar.
- Hold stroke and turn clinics — work with Aquatics Coordinator to schedule dates. Responsible for promoting and encouraging swimmers to attend — goal of 75% attendance in clinics.
- Listen to parents concerns/issues with respect and work towards a win-win outcome — communicate with swim team coordinators to help resolve issues.
- Display professional behavior when representing the JCC (practices, meets, events, at the pool, CPRA meetings, etc.)
- Responsible for returning swim team phone calls and emails in 24 hours from time they are received.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current First Aid certificate.
- Current LG certification
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of CPRA Swimming rules
- Education and Experience:
- Competitive swimming background.
- Minimum one (1) year coaching experience; experience with a CPRA team preferred.
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) Certificate.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Monday & Wednesday 4:15-5:30 pm (practice)
Administration (including meet preparation) [2-4 hours/week]
Swim Meets, Meetings, & Clinics [varies, 1 per month average]
The JCC Denver is looking for experienced aquatics professionals to start immediately. We are looking for lifeguards that are available to work varying hours between 5:30 am and 9:00 pm, including weekends. If you are also experienced teaching swim lessons, let us know.
Lifeguards must ensure a fun, yet safe swimming environment for all users of the facility.
This includes: patron surveillance, rule enforcement, accident prevention, and daily pool and facility maintenance.
Lifeguards are expected to provide excellent customer service to all members, guests, and JCC staff.
1. Lifeguarding Certification
2. CPR for the Professional Rescuer
3. AED Certification
6. Ability to lift 50lbs and work indoors and outdoors.
Due to the nature of the job, applicants are subject to a criminal background check.
Please, provide an updated resume with references or complete and return our Application for Employment at www.jccdenver.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Trainers Needed
The Sports & Fitness Center is seeking part-time certified personal trainers who are energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational.
Must be certified by one of the following national personal training certifications (ACSM, NASM, NSCA, ACE).
Applicants must also have Adult CPR/AED certifications.
Applicants should be willing and outgoing and able to sell their services to our diverse clientele.
Must have excellent customer service skills and be efficient, well organized and on time.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.