Current Employment Opportunities
Candidates who are ECE teacher qualified are preferred but being a qualified is not required.
Our program is designed to help develop the whole child: socially, intellectually, emotionally and physically. We encourage the development of children’s inner resources: curiosity, creativity, imagination, independence, a love of learning and self–esteem. We are looking for caring and inspired teachers who are eager to explore and discover alongside children to promote a culture of continuous learning!
General Responsibilities for all Early Childhood Center (ECC) Staff
- Provide for the health and safety of all children in the school
- Provide responsive, quality care, addressing children’s needs
- Create a positive, individualized, nurturing environment for children, that stimulates inquiry and open ended thought
- Consistently treat children with dignity, respect and compassion
- Create a safe, healthful and secure environment for all children and school members
- Promote the equitable, fair and consistent treatment of all ECC members, parents, and children
- Promote, implement, and improve the organization’s goals, philosophies, policies and mission statements
- Provide a safe environment for all children in the school by keeping them in sight and sound at all times
- Participate in all training programs, conferences, seminars, courses and other aspects of professional growth and continuing education provided by the JCC and other outside resources
- Fifteen hours of continuing education is required for all ECC staff
- Must be able to regularly lift between 30 to 40 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds. Must also be able to regularly reach and bend
Reports To: Registrar
The Assistant Registrar serves as one of the central contact persons for all center programs and membership. He/she will have a working knowledge of all programs and activities and be well versed on the target market for each program. The Assistant Registrar will be able to answer questions for all center programs and process all program registration forms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet members and guests enthusiastically and in accordance with customer service guidelines
- Process all JCC/MACC program registrations in a timely and accurate manner, including but not limited to collection of all participant information, input of all information into the appropriate database, processing and collection of payment and review and processing of all forms
- Provide prospective members with tours of the facility and present membership options and pricing
- Interface with internal and external customers to resolve problems, in a timely manner
- Responsible for telephone and email inquiries. Serve as primary person to answer all incoming calls. Respond to all communication within 24 hours
- Process payments and collect outstanding balances
- Responsible for all enrollment forms required
- Responsible for integrity of database systems to ensure adequate reporting
- Attend JCC, MACC and community events to promote all program areas of the agency
- Serve as an ambassador for the JCC/MACC brand by being an outstanding communicator, connector and relationship developer. Set the standards for and model exceptional customer service
- Positively and actively promote the JCC’s mission, membership, programs, events and charitable purpose to JCC members and the general public
- Work as a team with all other departments
- Other duties as deemed necessary
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- High School Diploma
- Database, Report Writing and Accounting Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel experience; accurately prepares automated spreadsheets
- Minimum 3 years Customer Service experience
- Accuracy and attention to detail required
- Ability to complete multiple tasks within critical deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain highest degree of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Hours – Sunday (9 am – 6:00 pm) Monday – Thursday (10:00 am – 7:00 pm)
- Knowledge of, and respect for, the mission of the Robert E. Loup Jewish Community Center
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Robert E. Loup Jewish Community Center, including its Personnel Handbook, and to abide by them
- Work in a team environment
- Communicate effectively with others, verbally and in writing
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned
Physical Demands and Working Environment
Physical demands: The position requires the incumbent to remain in the sitting position for prolonged hours. While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifteen (15) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: Working conditions may include being in an open (shared) cubicle/workspace area.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility which will ever be required of an employee in this position, however, the employee will be held responsible for all duties assigned.
Applicant must be:
- Certified by one of the following national personal training certifying agencies (ACSM, NASM, NSCA, ACE)
- Adult CPR/AED certified
- Willing and outgoing enough to sell themselves and their services to our diverse clientele
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Efficient, well organized and on time
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Must be certified by STOTT, Balanced Body, Polestar or equivalent in addition to CPR/AED certified.
Applicant must have excellent customer service and marketing skills.
Must be willing to work some morning shifts.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lifeguards must ensure a fun, yet safe swimming environment for all users of the facility.
- Patron surveillance
- Rule enforcement
- Accident prevention
- Daily pool and facility maintenance
Lifeguards are expected to provide excellent customer service to all members, guests, and JCC staff.
1. Lifeguarding Certification
2. CPR for the Professional Rescuer
3. AED Certification
6. Ability to lift 50lbs and work indoors and outdoors
Due to the nature of the job, applicants are subject to a criminal background check.